Summer is raging in full force, and it’s time to head toward the beach. However, before you set out, you need to pull on your best swimwear. The two main types of summer swimwear are one-piece swimsuits and two-piece swimsuits (i.e., bikinis), with the former being swimsuit trends 2022. However, as we always say, you should wear what you feel comfortable in. Back in the old days, all of us who watched Baywatch fantasized about wearing the red iconic one-piece swimsuit Pamela Anderson sported in the series. Now that we are potentially capable of attaining things the easiest way, we realize that even if we succeed in grabbing that exact piece, it may not suit us as well.
We each have a different body shape, a different personality, and a different comfort level, all of which should be considered when buying a swimsuit or any other piece of clothing. You can’t just go with something that appeals to you, because what looks good to you may not look good on you.
However, the selection of the right summer swimwear should not delay your splash fun, whether it’s at the beach or by a poolside. After all, you want to dive into a body of some scintillating blue water that refreshes you, not drown in a sea of possibilities. With a quick explanation of different types of swimsuits (aka bathing suit styles) and a list of the eight best budget-friendly trendy swimsuits from the house of Brown Caribou, this post will familiarize you with the hottest swimsuit trends 2022.
Different Styles of One-Piece Swimsuits
Covering up your complete belly, one-piece swimsuits provide greater coverage than two-piece swimsuits. Their designs vary based on the coverage degree for the upper and lower areas of your body. The following are some common swimwear trends 2022:
With a shoulder strap, these swimsuits link over a shoulder rather than connecting behind the neck. If you’ve got a beauty bone and want to flaunt it, go with this style.
Covering the torso till just a bit below the clavicle, they are an even better option to show off the beauty bone.
If you want to get into the water with something like a dress, the creative minds of the fashion industry have a solution to that too: dress swimsuits. They stitch together a double-strap top and a mini skirt into a swimming costume. Ruffled swim dresses work as both a swimming costume and a lounging dress.
As well as your belly, long-sleeve swimsuits cover full arms – as implied by the name itself. They are usually made of spandex and have a zippered front. Professional swimmers mostly wear them, but you don’t have to be one to enjoy this style. It’s all up to your taste and preference.
Revealing part of your stomach, monokinis are a combination of one-pieces and bikinis. Polyester is a common fabric type used in their manufacturing. If you like both one-pieces and two-pieces and can’t decide between the two, these trending bikinis will fix the problem.
Ideal for athletes and those who swim in low temperatures, wetsuits use thermal fabrics and cover the whole body, working like a second skin to keep the body warm. You can wear a rash guard to avoid chafing.
Made of loose and light fabrics, cover-up swimsuits are worn out of the water – whether you’re lounging at the beach or by a poolside. You must have seen those hot actresses come out of the water and put these suits on. Kimono and crochet-shoulder are two popular styles they come in. Pair them up with shades and/or a chapeau, and you have the perfect beach look.
If you want to seduce your partner by giving a deeper gaze into the cleavage, this style is what you want. They are also an ideal solution for women with a double chin and/or short neck. The plunge will drive the attention away from it and create an illusion of a longer neck.
Different Styles of Two-Piece Swimsuits (i.e., Bikinis)
If you’ve got a flat stomach and don’t want to hide it, a bikini will be a better option, showing off that asset as well as the sweat and hours it took you to achieve it. Since bikinis come in two pieces, we will list the different styles of tops and bottoms separately.
Different Bikini Top Styles
- Longline Tops: These tops are double-strap tops that stretch an inch or so down the torso. Like monokinis, they are a combination of one-piece and two-piece swimsuits. However, they do not come stitched with a bottom.
- Bandeau Tops: Bandeau tops are strapless tops that either just cover the breast or expand a bit down, covering part of your belly (just as a crop top does).
- Triangle Tops: Stringing together two triangle-shaped patches to cover your chest, triangle tops are probably the sexiest type of bikini tops.
- Halter Tops: With ties that run from the chest and connect behind the neck, a halter top resembles a brassiere.
- Cutout Tops: If you are looking for an option that reveals your skin a bit more than the option above, cutout tops will do that for you with a cutout section(s).
- Tankinis: If you want a complete one-piece look with the top and bottom apart, a tankini combined with a swim bottom of your choice will best meet your needs. With two straps and covering the midriff, they look similar to a tank top.
Different Bikini Bottom Styles
Just like other pieces, swim bottoms also come in a variety of styles. Here are the most popular swimwear trends 2022:
- Thong-Style Bottoms: Not much different from thongs, thong bikini bottoms are ideal for underwater fun. They often have side strings. Paired up with triangle bikini tops, they will help you look the hottest on the beach.
- Cheeky Bottoms: These medium-cut bottoms give you a little more coverage for your glutes than thong bottoms. There’s not much of a difference, otherwise.
- Shorts: If you want even more coverage for your backside, these low-cut bottoms may be what you’re looking for.
- High-Waist Bottoms: Reaching the belly, high-waist bottoms are best complemented with tankinis and longline tops.
- Jammers: Stopping down at your mid-tights, these tight-fitting bottoms will ensure maximum comfort during a swimming competition.
- Swim Briefs: Unless you want to cover your tights, swim briefs would make a better option.
- Trunks: Lined with a mesh inside, these baggy and breathable bottoms are the most comfortable and casual beachwear bottom option you can get your hands on.
8 Best Swimsuits You Can Grab This Year
Now that you are educated enough on different styles of swimwear, it’s time you made your choice. The following pieces are the hottest swimsuits from Brown Caribou that are selling like hot cakes:Bohemian Style Sexy Cutout Thin Strap High Waist One-Piece Swimsuit Bikini with Matching Headband
Women Push Up In-X Solid Bikini 3 Piece Set with Skirt Beach Swimsuit
Women Blue Bandage Triangle Monokini Brazilian Swimming Suit
This navy blue Brazilian-style monokini with a halter-style top and a string-thong bottom will spark a desire to have you even in an 80-year-old man. After all, swimsuits are all about sporting that seductive body you have.
Plus Size Women Two Piece Split Body Belly Tankini Swimsuit
It’s the choice of your clothes, not your body shape, that makes you look sexy. Even if you have a little fat here and there, this printed tankini coupled with plain shorts will give you a simple yet sultry look. From florals to stripes, the suit is available in various patterns.
One Piece Women Bandage Swimwear Hollow Out Deep Backless Monokini Beach Swimsuit
This cutout backless black monokini is just drop-dead gorgeous. Whether it’s your honeymoon beach trip or a romantic holiday by the beach, it’s a perfect swimsuit to keep your man close to you.
Women’s Sexy Push Up Swimsuit Tie Side with Big Stones on the Bikini Strap
This two-piece swimsuit with a halter-style top and a thong decorated with large stones will make you look like a mermaid from some magical island. Available in a range of colors, it’s just what you need to flaunt and flatter that voluptuous figure.
Sexy Split One Piece Floral Feminine Plus Size Swimwear Bikini
Whether you have a toned or chubby body, this swim dress with a plain top and a printed bottom will give you a sensual beach look. It’s available in a variety of colors and prints, so pick the one that best caters to your taste.
Women Split Backless Two Piece Beach Swimwear Sport Bikini
If none of these swimsuits interests you (which we doubt), browse through the entire collection of swimsuits for more options.